The hacker has released 20GB of private chip engineering information stolen from Intel, with the information provided potentially top to new zero-day threats for customers across multiple systems.
The hacker connected to a write-up on secret messages platform, Telegram, describing the contents from the leak and the Mega file connected at the end. While the particular contents are safe on their very own, they contain BIOS information and supply code of amazing Intel technology that will could be utilized in building malware.
Invoicing it as “Intel exconfidential Lake, the hacker promises the data provides not been released anywhere and a lot from the information is usually under strict NDA. The information was apparently acquired by a good anonymous source who else breached Intel previously in 2020.
- Intel ME Bringup guides + (flash) tooling + samples for various platforms
- Kabylake (Purley Platform) BIOS Reference Code and Sample Code + Initialization code (some of it as exported git repos with full history)
- Intel CEFDK (Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (Bootloader stuff)) SOURCES
- Silicon / FSP source code packages for various platforms
- Various Intel Development and Debugging Tools
- Simics Simulation for Rocket Lake S and potentially other platforms
- Various roadmaps and other documents
- Binaries for Camera drivers Intel made for SpaceX
- Schematics, Docs, Tools + Firmware for the unreleased Tiger Lake platform
- (very horrible) Kabylake FDK training videos
- Intel Trace Hub + decoder files for various Intel ME versions
- Elkhart Lake Silicon Reference and Platform Sample Code
- Some Verilog stuff for various Xeon Platforms, unsure what it is exactly.
- Debug BIOS/TXE builds for various Platforms
- Bootguard SDK (encrypted zip)
- Intel Snowridge / Snowfish Process Simulator ADK
- Various schematics
- Intel Marketing Material Templates (InDesign)
BIOS code for Kabylake and other cpus could mean difficulty for all those users when hackers find methods to manipulate the code and obtain this installed on focus on computers. Perhaps the most damaging is usually the tools and firmware for your Gambling Lake platform, which usually could bring about spyware and adware before the item ever comes in order to market.
While most likely useless, the truth that the particular camera drivers produced for SpaceX are usually within the infringement shows the width of data getting sourced.
Password safeguarded documents look in order to be lacking any kind of security too, since they have the particular password “intel123” or even “Intel123, ” which usually are too quickly guessed for exactly what are considered “highly confidential documents.
These types of leaked documents are usually harmless on their own. The data files are on the market even though, and bad stars will surely be scratching through to discover any useful weeknesses to attack.
Since it is with any spyware and adware, it must end up being installed towards the personal computer in order in order to attack. If any kind of such malware is usually created by this, users will have got to willingly avoid the security methods built into macOS. Some attacks may be hidden inside files physical hard disks, so often be conscious of where your own hardware or application is coming from.
Regarding now, there is absolutely no proof of any intrusions actively in the particular wild therefore associated with the database.
Apple has announced the intent to change your whole Mac variety to Apple Silicon within the following 2 yrs. This shift have been prompted simply by Intel’s inability in order to maintain with marketplace demand regarding smaller sized processes, but additionally evidently stemming from safety issues too.
Apple builds many through your ground on with security and privacy throughout the desk. Apple never experienced an enormous scale information breach or ad ware and spyware strike related to their own custom cpus. Expect the very first Mac pc with Apple Silicon to ship through the conclusion associated with 2020. Source AppleInsider
PC : SlashGear